Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Favorite Bands

warmonkey
    warmonkey
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Favorite Bands Empty Favorite Bands

Post  warmonkey Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:39 pm

Two of my favorite bands are 1. Heroes del silencio. A rock band from spain, in 80,s and early 90's. its one of the best bands of all time as far as i'm concern. their music is in spanish and i only understand a bit but its so damn good. check it out. 2. 69 eyes is a band from Finland, its gothic music influenced by hollywood horor films. check it out.
    Kinslayer
    Kinslayer
    Major
    Major

Favorite Bands Empty Re: Favorite Bands

Post  Kinslayer Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:51 pm

I don't think you want to get me started here... I'll try to keep it simple: I listen to two specific eras of music. 1, early progressive rock, a.k.a. PINK FLOYD, GENESIS, CAMEL, YES, KING CRIMSON, ELP, so on so on, thanks to my father that's what I was raised on, best music ever. 2, the heavy progressive wave of this decade, a.k.a. PORCUPINE TREE, ISIS, OPETH, PAIN OF SALVATION, CYNIC, SCALE THE SUMMIT, ...

I'm excluding so many good bands that are worth a listen but you understand the main styles I listen to, basically Progressive Rock. Then Jazz, Industrial, a little Trance and a little metal unless it's very technical like Unexpect, band from Montreal which is amazing.

I just recently found 2 very good bands, one is really jazzy and has a soft sound, CRIME IN CHOIR; the other one is really sludge, kinda like ISIS, it's from Ottawa and it's named BURIED INSIDE.

All the bands I listed here are my favorites in their genre, there's more but I don't want to make a top 100 lol
    SgtStadenko
    SgtStadenko
    Commander in Chief
    Commander in Chief

Post  SgtStadenko Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm

ya me and your dad would of gotten along great there kin, im a big fan of genesis , pink floyd ,yes, etc...
    seen them in concert in the early 80's back then you could smoke wakky tabaky right were you were siting...good old days Very Happy
    Kinslayer
    Kinslayer
    Major
    Major

Post  Kinslayer Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:23 pm

stadenko wrote:ya me and your dad would of gotten along great there kin, im a big fan of genesis , pink floyd ,yes, etc...
    seen them in concert in the early 80's back then you could smoke wakky tabaky right were you were siting...good old days Very Happy

Trust me stad, I've been to a few concerts in Quebec and in Moncton and there is literally people with baggies full of joints walking around and passing that around... never really understood why, it doesn't make the music better for me, it just turns into a droning noise...

Anyways, if I can ever get a chance to see what's left of Yes tour, every single LB is coming with me and stad lol
    papajoe
    papajoe
    Gunnery Sergeant
    Gunnery Sergeant

Post  papajoe Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:22 pm

Led zep, Pink Floyd, Blue Oyster Cult, etc. some of my favs. Then smoked a few of those funy cigs, Take a tab of that purple pill ( not nexium ), and some beer just to wash it all down.YEAHHHH PARTY!!!!! But those were the good old days that i don't remember. Hummm. LOL
    Kinslayer
    Kinslayer
    Major
    Major

Post  Kinslayer Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:59 pm

papajoe wrote:Led zep, Pink Floyd, Blue Oyster Cult, etc. some of my favs. Then smoked a few of those funy cigs, Take a tab of that purple pill ( not nexium ), and some beer just to wash it all down.YEAHHHH PARTY!!!!! But those were the good old days that i don't remember. Hummm. LOL

Hahaha yes the days of excess and youth! I wish I could've lived in the 70's, you have no idea... all the best music...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content